Sunday, November 1, 2009

Sydney to the Gong - Done and Dusted

Ok so on Sunday November 1, 2009 on a not so cold morning at 5am, I crawled out of bed and made the journey into Sydney to Park to begin the wonderful ride from Sydney to Woolongong!

The conditions were perfect! Not a cloud in the sky, 10000 keen bike riders ready to tackle the treaturous journey, working bike, working rider and mother nature at her best. Kate (fellow biking enthusist) who has participated in many of our physical goals/challengers for the year was my fellow companion for this adventure to the Gong. We set off around 7:30am and I was pleasantly surprised at how beautiful this ride was, as it took us through the city, national park and the urban areas of Woolongong. We had hills which we fought our way to the top of and we had hills that we flew down at speeds faster than I wanted to reach....I know such a whimp I am. There were a few casulaties along the way however the ambos, volunteers and police where out in their numbers!

I can now officially say that I have a new love of my life, which is my beautiful road bike (still yet to be gendered and named). My theme song for this ride was Queens - Bicycle Race which I managed to whistle during my ride. Did i get weird looks.....I sure did ;-)......did I care......not at all! Maybe I should name my bike Queeny???


Anyway off on a tangent now, back on track! We arrived at Woolongong around 1:30pm and crossed the finish line with the sign still up and many people still around.

It was a beautiful ride and it is definitely something that bike enthusiasts should consider doing. So at the end of our 4 physical challenge (re-cap: Mother's Day Classic, City to Surf, Spring Cycle and Sydney to Woolongong) we are ready to tackle the moutain known as Everest (we think). We have a hike that KT has organised, to where me and Brennan don't know, for how long me and Brennan don't know, when we will be back me and Brennan don't know. So we will keep you posted on where the hell we end up at the end of Sat!

No comments:

Post a Comment