Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Status Update

Wow wee! Time is getting away from us quickly and Nepal is looming on the horizon! All three of us have been busy preparing for our trip... some more than others.

While Alicia has been sweating it out in her spin cycle class, KTP and I headed to the South Pacific for our “training” – which mainly consisted of eating, drinking and lounging around in the sun!! Possibly not the best start to our fitness program!!

Me and KTP working on our fitness in the South Pacific… (not)

However I should state that we did actually go for a job a couple of times... I think I went twice and KTP went 3 times(? I’m sure she’ll correct me if I’m wrong) so it wasn’t ALL eating and drinking and sleeping...

Since we’ve been back though we’ve started to put in some hard(er) yards. Alicia is still carving it up in the gym at the moment, and both KTP and I are currently doing the Couch to 5K program. I think Katie’s currently on about week 4, while I’m plodding along on week 2.

My big goal for the week is to FINALLY purchase my gym pass & I’ve give KTP permission to kick my arse if I haven’t done it my Saturday!

Last week we also participated in the Mother’s Day Classic. This was the first of our group fitness events. We all headed out to Parramatta Park relatively early on Sunday morning to have a go at the 4km ‘fun’ run. Alicia also had a few work colleagues that were participating as part of a Hen’s Party(....)

There was quite a few people doing the 4km run/walk and we had to fight our way through the crowd and the pouring rain before we had any chance of getting in to our stride.


Lots of people ahead of us, and me scheming a way to get around everyone

All of KTP’s work with the Couch to 5K program has obviously done wonders as she kicked both my and Alicia’s arse and raced ahead.

KTP powering ahead and making her way over the finish line.

Alicia and I made our way a lil further behind, though we were both pretty happy with how we fared – finishing around the 30min mark.

Alicia and I making our way to the finish line (with helpful indicators!), me looking a lil spent!

Alicia and I after finishing, and the three of us all done!

Mother's Day Classic Official Results

Name - Overall Rank - Official Time

Katie - 312 - 27min 19sec

Alicia - 388 - 30min 21sec

Sarah - 389 - 30min 33sec

I’ve also made my first Nepal related purchase (in fact I think we all did) buy getting some hiking boots (& socks) from Kathmandu! They had an Easter Sale on and I picked up these snazzy leather boots for ~$160 (down from $320! What a bargain!) This will hopefully give us lots of time to break them in

My New Boots

Anyways, we’ve still got lots to do and plan obviously. I think the next big thing for us is working out flights and deciding what our next group event is!! But that’s all from me (for now!)

Sarah

1 comment: