Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Since everyone else is doing it...

Since both KTP and Alicia have managed to post updates in the past few days I thought I better hop on the band-wagon (so to speak) and put my next post up.

I'm pretty sure in my last post I hadn't even purchased my gym pass yet!! However, I did manage to pick one up and have been making very good use of it since then.

At the moment I've been heading into the gym 5 time a week & sort of mixing it up between Cardio day and Weight Days.

Mon, Wed & Fri are Cardio days and consist of my Couch to 5K run (I'm currently on week 6 of 9), a 1km row, 10min bike ride (up the big hill) and then 30min on the cross-trainer doing easy intervals.

Tues & Thurs are Weight days and start with a 15min warm up walk (up a 9% incline) and then 30-45mins of weights (where I'm currently concentrating on upper body/core strength... thou this is mainly for cricket rather than Nepal), before finishing up on the cross-trainer again with sport intervals.

All in all it's going pretty well - I can definitely feel the increase in my fitness especially when I play hockey on Sunday! I now have the ability to run down those pesky wingers and run back when required (rather than lagging behind while trying to regain my breath.)

In other news... we now have plane tickets!! Which is awesomely exciting as you can imagine. We are officially leaving on the 22nd of December and returning a month later on the 23rd of January 2010!

The next step is to probably organise our first lot of accommodation in Kathmandu for the Christmas period, which we'll get around to soon enough.

Also, we've all signed up to do the SMH City 2 Surf in August (you can see it up on our Upcoming Events tab) which is both scary and exciting at the same time. You'll hear all about it once we've completed it in early August.

And as an ADDED BONUS here's some photos of Alicia attempting to Pole Dance... note these are BEFORE the lessons... The only way is up Leesh! :)



2 comments:

  1. Hot pics, though Alicia is about half that size now. I look forward to hearing more updates.

    ReplyDelete